Saturday, June 15, 2013

SPIRIT DANCEs



I know I have bounced back to my vitality when I hit my bed after my roommate has gone to sleep and I awake hours before her, staking claim to the quiet morning with my typical Dragon, yang energy which keeps me diligently padding both my 3-story house as well as our Fern-tree lined neighborhood, making coffee, walking, writing & reflecting, stretching and, even, working.  Sitting in this South Park tree canopy, even the birds have yet to rise to their morning songs on this Saturday.  Seemingly, I am "alone...."

And, what did I do with my FREEDOM come Friday?  I danced, stretched and breathed on our wood-floor meeting space with my housemate and her 8-month old.  I have yet to write about my connection with this growing boy-child.  It is deep, it is old and it is a Soul connection.  We lock eyes and our Souls dance.  Essence sees itself.  The male sages I know of would call it 'Awareness' or the 'I.'  I don't need to call it anything.  While we sang and danced to the Dead Can Dance (yes, they can!) yesterday, I was told that this one-day man was named after the Archangel who once shone before Mary, announcing that her womb was full of the Sun of God.  Hmmm... 

I finally took a bath - my first in almost two-months! - then I rode my electric blue cruiser over to see my favorite senior citizen friends.  I was pleasantly surprised to discover a new facilitator holding their weekly meditation space.  He was organized and prepared with his laptop and speakers proudly playing two brief meditations, including John Kabat Zinn's "Moment by Moment by Moment."  He also showed us a few minutes of Thich Nhat Hahn speaking about 'wrong perception.'  ("There is neither non-beeing nor bee-ing....That is Nirvana.")

Summer is almost here bringing with it a visit with the woman whom I began the Prosperity Hive with.  How healing that is!  Yesterday, I said to KT that I felt strongly connected to my own Personal Practice, in terms of my balancing the movement of my body with the movement of my mind.  Thus, it is perfect that the person whom I projected my own lack of a practice onto - and thus created a lot of pain and suffering with - will bee here this coming week.  Full Circle! 

Last night, as my High Priestess O. and I arrived into DanceJam! - another local, Soul garden that I once more actively helped to water - I sank into the fact that 1.) not only am I so damn turned on! but 2.) I am surrounded by a field of dark-haired beauties who are also on FIRE and 3.) that the SUCCESS I also feel most (in regards to the past ten years of my life) is MY DANCING. 

When I left college with a degree in Modern Dance, I never imagined I would dance the way I do today.  Sure, I LOVE my personal Dance with the floor - my Snake Dance, my Primal Fluidity, my soaking into and making LOVE to the HONEY and ~WOW!~ so do my sisters.  (Although, right now, I am really out of shape!  I know this not because of how my body looks but because of how hard the floor feels!)   AND, I LOVE DANCING WITH OTHERS. 

Naturally, there is the flying and the big lifts with Steve-o and the Acro-Contact that I have created on his shoulders and over his head.  Yeah, it feeds my need for rush and adrenaline.  (See?  YANG energy.)  And, there are my dances with men who have yet to really master the flourish of the partner dance, still we dance and we seemingly flow into and out of each others' personal spaces.  Last night, I exclaimed to Y., "I love dancing with beautiful, strong men!" to which smiled hugely and received.  "This meets so many needs of mine," I chirped, and all he can do is reflect this light and enjoy the ride!  I left the studio last night, proclaiming to O. THAT "THIS IS THE SUMMER OF LOVE."

ENJOY THE RIDE, FRIENDS.
Moment by moment by moment, THIS IS IT.
DANCE & SING ~ PRACTICE FREEDOM & BEE HARMONY.
(And watch the film "Baraka," if you haven't yet)