Tuesday, June 4, 2013

DreamTime

Naturally, I Google searched "Shamanic DreamTime" & this was the first image that came up

You haunt my dreams.
This morning, it was an ambling,
lucid dream that began with my High Priest,
whose warrior strength I had just physically nuzzled into.
Just as Raven medicine foretold, he shape-shifted.

First, it was into the form of one of my mentors.
A powerful woman, she has carved out her rightful place in this world
sharing music - specifically the drum and its rhythms - as medicine.
I spent yesterday working side-by-side with her, admiring her maturity.
Wishing it for myself.
In my dream, she openly inquired why I was snuggling so closely up to her
female form.  
Next, my parents appeared, asking that I share my shadow behavior around money
more openly with others.  You were there, then, laying in an opposite bed.  My mother
motioned positively to your presence and I chuckled - honestly acknowledging your destructive ways
without shame or guiltIt is simply what it is.  (And you laughed, too.)


Then, the scene changed again and we were out of doors, in a muddy field where a bonfire roared.
I was trying to make my way over to you.
The path was boggy, friendly dogs were at my heels and my snake amulet - which I wear with an air of royalty on my right arm during this Waking time - fell into a mud pit.  Attempting to retrieve it, I wound up with mud up to my shins and a thick coat of it covering my hair. 
I was displeased, especially since 

I never made it to your side.